Unrealistic To Do Lists
I bet most of us have them – unrealistic to do lists that make us feel bad, lazy, inferior, unworthy, incapable, blah blah blah. Sleep and I aren’t getting along these days. I’m running on four hours and a few catnaps a night. It’s a great time to run through the to do list, over and over again. I add to it, scribble things out while I organize the list, add more, decide something doesn’t really need to be done right now…this year…ever…
Here’s my unrealistic list for today. TODAY. To-Day. Apparently I think I’m Wonder Woman when I’m awake at 2 am.
Pie pumpkin – bake. Pulp and seeds. Blog. (And now we know what’s coming up in the blog!)
- Floors – vacuum and wash
- Walls – wash and paint
Game camera cards(two does and three fawns between 6:51 and 7:15 am; all fawns are bucks, dammit) Record two shows for On The Fire Make room for 20 bales of straw in the high tunnel
- Go get 20 bales of straw
- Separate garlic
- Campfire Cooking page
- Hunting clothes and gear
- Write for one hour (blog doesn’t count)
- Figure out supper
- Make room in wood shed for firewood
Chickens and ducks out, fed, watered, eggs collected Move tall top and chairs to tunnel Move goose decoys Bring garlic in
- Move antique stove
- Google irritability and anxiety to see if being anxious also makes me slightly bitchy
- Google insomnia and ginko
- Take old birch tree out
- Cut new birch tree
- Find lights for birch tree and put them on
Blog about 7.5″ of rain, that the bear seems to have hibernated, and all fawns are bucks(this counts!)
hmmm Is it 2 am? This doesn’t seem unreasonable at the moment.
Dose of Reality
- Pumpkin –
twohours. Cook, scoop, mix, seeds, photos, photos resized, blog written, pics uploaded, SEO done, scheduled. Three hours.
- Vacuuming and washing floors takes an hour.
- Washing the kitchen walls has taken me three weeks so far. If I stop procrastinating it will take 30 minutes for walls and woodwork. I should just do it now.
- Paint kitchen walls. See wash kitchen walls, add 90 minutes
- Straw – I can clear a spot in the back of the tunnel in 15 minutes from putting my boots on to taking them back off. I have to do this before 3 pm because I am going to get straw.
- Separate garlic. Two hours
- Chicken manure to garlic – one hour
- Campfire Cooking page – three hours (
file to pdf, photos resized, upload)
- Hunting clothes & Gear – 20 minutes (rifle for deer opens tomorrow)
- Write for one hour – 90 minutes
- Supper – ummmm
- Table to tunnel – see straw, add five minutes
- Bringing garlic in – add five minutes to straw and table to tunnel (the table, chairs and garlic are in the garden shed, and the garden shed is between the house and tunnel)
- Move antique stove – 15 minutes, need to make room in the dining room
- Google – Hey look! It’s a butterfly! 20 minutes
- New tree and lights – 90 minutes. Oh look! Let’s follow the butterfly and forget I’m actually quite busy. I do at least know where the twinkle lights are tucked away.
- Go get straw – 2 hrs 15 mins, longer if Kevin is there because we’ll gab
It’s 12:17 pm. I should get moving. Too bad nobody delivers pizza out here.