Oh winter pudge. We can’t be friends anymore. I’ve been eating healthier, cooking new dishes, trying new methods, and losing a few pounds. This low-carb, Keto, South Beach, healthy, delicious, you-name-it recipe works well with wild turkey, domestic turkey, chicken, pheasant and most likely quail, woodcock, ruffed grouse and other upland game birds.
Ricotta cheese is seasoned and tops the chicken. When baked, it makes a creamy, flavorful cheese sauce. You can serve this with rice or pasta if you’re not counting carbs. We have it with a large salad, and sometimes with fresh broccoli tucked in to bake with the chicken.
- 4 boneless breasts Chicken, turkey, grouse, other upland game bird
- 1/4 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon Oregano or Italian Seasoning Taste before adding anything else. Add more if you'd like.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup crushed or stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tbl olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350° Mix the Ricotta and oregano or Italian Seasoning. Taste. Enough? Add more if you'd like more flavor. Add Parmesan, salt, pepper and garlic. You can set this aside to use in a few minutes or put it in the fridge to let the flavors meld.
- If you're a garlic lover like me, sprinkle a little extra garlic powder on the chicken. In a heavy duty pan, brown the chicken in the olive oil, turning it once. Coat a shallow baking pan or Ramekins with olive oil. Place the meat in the pan and top with the one-quarter of the Ricotta mix on each piece. Then place one-quarter of the tomatoes on each peace. The Ricotta mix with melt into the juice from the tomatoes and create a creamy cheese sauce. Bake for 20 minutes for chicken and turkey OR 12-15 minutes for wild turkey and other thin poultry meats.