Another summer recipe that’s quick and easy to make and still adds a ton of flavor to you meal. I don’t like cilantro on its own but have discovered that as an ingredient, even a main ingredient, it’s good. It’s almost…delicious. It pains me to say this because I’ve been anti-cilantro forever.
No cooking so no heating up the kitchen. Chimichurri stores well in the fridge for about a week as long as the container is air tight. A good old Mason jar will do the job.
Serve on steak, eggs, burgers, pork or even a roasted chicken.
- food processor
- 1 cup parsley fresh, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 8 cloves garlic medium size
- 1 teaspoon oregano fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until there are small pieces of parsley, cilantro, onion and garlic left. Let sit for 15-20 minutes before serving.