Wings. Hot, saucy, delicious…you inhale the aroma of cooking wings. Let them cool barely enough to take a bite and you get a mouth full of – disappointment. The skin isn’t crispy. They taste good but wings should have crispy skin. Nobody likes soggy chicken skin. Following this two-ingredient recipe and the method I’m sharing here will keep your wings crispy from oven to sauce to table.
You can whip up a Honey Mustard sauce by mixing honey and mustard. It’s that simple. Use basic yellow prepared mustard or jazz it up a bit with a stone ground.
How about a glaze? One-half cup each barbecue sauce, honey and soy sauce.
Basic Wings Recipe
- 5 pounds chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- Separate the wing into two pieces at the joint. Rinse in cold water and dry well.
- Mix the baking powder and seasoned salt together.
- Coat the wings with the baking powder and seasoned salt mixture.
- Spray cookie sheets with a non-stick spray. Place the wings in a single layer. Bake 20-25 minutes at 450°.
- While the wings are cooking, heat the sauce(s) you’re going to use. When the wings are done, coat them with sauce(s) and serve. The wings stay crispy because they don’t soak in sauce.