Grilled Parmesan and Basil Tomatoes
Grilled Parmesan and Basil Tomatoes make the best of fresh tomatoes
- 3 medium tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil fresh, chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded (or Mozzarella)
- Slice the tomatoes in half. Coat them with olive oil and place them on a baking sheet flat side up.
- Mix the seasoned salt, pepper, freshly chopped basil and Parmesan or Mozzarella cheese together. Cover the top of each tomato with this blend, patting it down to keep it in place.
- Cook in a 400° grill with the lid closed for 10 to 20 minutes, until the cheese is browned. This also works well in the oven.