Seasoned Stuffed Cheeseburgers
Well seasoned stuffed cheeseburgers are one of my favorite summer meals. I could live on cheeseburgers and pizza. Stuffing cheese in the burger and adding fresh tomato, lettuce and onion, maybe a pickle, and how about crispy bacon – perfection!
Cheddar and Blue cheeses are my favorite. Choose whatever you like! You can add this seasoning to the meat before forming the burgers, or sprinkle it liberally on both sides. One batch of seasoning will season one pound of meat.
If you prefer a thin burger you could add a dollop of Bacon & Blue Cheese to the center. It will warm up as the burger cooks to medium-well and is already soft so it works well.
Seasoned Stuffed Cheeseburgers - On The Fire
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Blue Cheese crumbles Cheddar is also great in this burger. Choose your favorite.
- Mix these ingredients together. There's enough in one batch to season a pound of meat. If you multiply the recipe you can store it in a sealed jar. You'll need to stir it well before using because the brown sugar will clump. You'll either mix the seasoning into the meat before forming patties or sprinkle it liberally on both sides before cooking.
- Cut cheese into 1/8" to 1/4" thick pieces. Length and width depend on the size of your burgers. Place cheese in the center of the burger and then shape the hamburger. Leave at least 1/2" of burger around the edges so the cheese doesn't melt out and burn.
- You'll want to flip the burgers more often than usual to help the cheese melt.
- Be careful when you bite into a cheese stuffed burger. The melted cheese holds heat longer than the meat and might burn.