Warm Spicy Apple Cider
If you like a warm drink on a cool autumn or downright cold winter day, this Warm Spicy Apple Cider is for you. It’s great for tailgating, around the campfire and great with apple cider or molasses donuts. I can think of a dozen ways to enjoy this drink. Fill a Thermos to take apple picking, foraging, fishing or hunting. Turn it into an adult beverage with a shot and relax on a rainy evening or lazy Sunday afternoon.
One drink can be presented several ways. A heavy ceramic mug is always nice but lately, glasses or clear cups have been the rage. I do have to say that I enjoy the appearance of food and drink.
Warm Spicy Apple Cider - On The Fire
- 4 cups Apple Cider
- 1 apple sliced thin
- 1 orange peeled and sectioned
- 4 cinnamon sticks 3" to 5", one per mug
- 2 slivers fresh ginger peeled, gauge thickness depending on how well you like fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice Don't substitute powder for whole.
- 4 shots rum optional
- Combine all ingredients in a two quart pot and simmer for ten minutes. remove the ginger and allspice. Divide the apple slices and orange sections and cinnamon sticks between four mugs before serving. For an adult beverage, add a shot of rum to each mug.