I love Kielbasa. This Polish sausage adds flavor to everything else in the dish so you don’t need to add a lot of seasoning. Onions, peppers, fresh thyme, garlic and mushrooms – seasonal eating is a great way to put meals on the table.
Kielbasa Pan Fry
- 12" cast iron fry pan
- 1 pound Kielbasa or similar sausage, cut into 1/2" rounds
- 1 Bell pepper green, 1/4" slices
- 1 Bell pepper yellow, red or orange, 1/4" slices
- 1 cup sweet onion sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms Slices
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp thyme fresh
- Place the Kielbasa, onions and mushrooms in a cool 12" cast iron fry pan. Heat to medium-high. The fat in the Kielbasa and the moisture from the onions and mushrooms will keep everything from sticking. Stir occasionally for five or six minutes or until the onion is transparent.
- Add the peppers and garlic and stir until the peppers are tender.